Strength in Unity — A Proposal to Create a Flourishing Citizen Engagement Culture in the City of Cincinnati
Here is a link to the report from the Citizen Engagement Action Team which we discussed during the interview with Peter Hames.
Published by Editor's Note
Submit Content To
- When Disaster Hits, Your First Responder Probably Will Not Be a First ResponderThe FIRST assets in a disaster are neighbors. In fact, it turns out that while your neighbors have everything to do with your immediate chances in a disaster, your neighbors and their collective extended connections determine how well and how fast your community will recover.
- Organizational Culture of Fear: The Shadow Side of US CultureDon't let the title mislead you. Peter's intimate conversation with life, career and business coach CJ Liu is profound, touching and funny. Ostensibly a discussion of Peter's book Flawless Consulting, CJ says at the end, "We didn't talk about the book at all." Instead, the conversation ranged from personal transformation, integr […]
- The Problem With ProblemsOne of the reasons we may have so little productive citizen creativity at the local level is that people buy into the belief that the purpose of getting together is to deal with a problem. There is another purpose that is probably more important: engagement that mobilizes citizen creativity and contributions.
- Who Has the Skills to Build Community? We All DoTranscription of John and Peter's September 12th conversation with YES! Magazine co-founder Sarah van Gelder on her 12,000-mile cross-country journey learning from people who were re-making America from the ground up and how it led to starting up a new project: PeoplesHub, an online space where communities can learn and share the skills of making powerf […]
- I Saw the Revolution in So Many of the Small Places We Call HomeYES! Magazine co-founder and editor at large Sarah van Gelder climbed into a 12-year-old, four-cylinder pickup truck and began a 12,000-mile journey to find out what people are doing in their communities about poverty, inequality, the climate crisis, and racism.
- Who Has the Skills to Build Community? We All DoAn online platform might be just the thing to spread around our grassroots genius.
- Take a Leap – Take a Bold LeapThe formal system not working for you? Then take a leap.
- The Revolution Where You LiveSarah van Gelder talks about her 12,000-mile journey that inspired her to tell stories of people from around the country working tirelessly to better their communities.
- How Community Animators Work Around the WorldTranscription of John and Peter's July 25th conversation with Cormac Russell on his work with communities, agencies, NGOs and governments using ABCD and other strengths-based approaches in Kenya, Rwanda, Southern Sudan, South Africa, the UK, Ireland, Sweden, the Netherlands, Canada and Australia.
- Our 13 Staging Posts in Learning and DevelopmpentWhat the community animators at UK-based consulting and research organization Nurture Development have learned in the 21 years since its founding.
- Community Building (13)
- Community Events (8)
- Community Health (2)
- Community Shares (1)
- Development (2)
- Development through Engagement (1)
- Education (1)
- Generative Economy (3)
- Government (18)
- International Insights (3)
- Journalism (3)
- Neighborhoods (6)
- Neighborliness (2)
- Non-Profits (2)
- Organization (2)
- Public Policy (2)
- Public Safety (2)
- Recreation (1)
- Social Justice (2)
- Sustainability (3)
- The Third Voice (5)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Youth (3)
- [ACTION] Ask Gov. Brown to Support the California Values Act (SB54) September 8, 2017The CA Values Act (SB 54), authored by Pro Tem Senator Kevin Deleon, is a pending state bill that would curtail use of state and local resources from engaging in deportations and create safe spaces, including at schools, health facilities, and court houses. Our ally North Bay Jobs with Justice has let us know that […]Omar Medina
- Noche Sabrosa — August 19, 2017 August 1, 2017Our 5th annual all you can eat taco and dance party. Community Church of Sebastopol — 1000 Gravenstein Hwy N., Sebastopol, Calif. Saturday, August 19, 2017 — 6:00 -10:00 PM Live music with Los Ritmicos, and Brazilian Capoiera PerformanceDavid Hoffman
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.